Do you love creating high-quality digital video? Are you creative and full of ideas to inform, inspire, and empower? Our ideal candidate brings surgical precision to a creative field and is enthusiastic about working in a fast-paced environment. If you are eager to work with smart people and want to take ownership of multiple high-visibility video projects then we are looking forward to hearing from you!
Working closely with the Content Director on all video marketing for the University you will be translating everything that makes the university great into compelling video that connects with our audience. This includes human interest stories for social media, digital video ads, how-to videos for our students, content marketing video content for YouTube, and more! You’ll manage a junior video editor who will help support production, but will also jump in and edit high-priority projects yourself.
You will make sure we always deliver the correct branding and custom implementation across different channels to drive awareness, traffic and applications for the fulfillment of our mission. And you’ll bring your own point of view that drives the content team to keep experimenting with creative!
- Take a leading role in all aspects of video content including pre-production, scripts, production, and post-production.
- Contribute to and manage the video editorial production calendar and library of completed projects.
- Bring a storyteller’s point of view, translating abstract ideas into clear, concise finished videos.
- Establish shoot needs, edit a variety of footage, animate motion graphics, source royalty-free music, and finalize the graphic layout, appearance, and timing of each asset.
- Understand KPI's and apply that knowledge to creative decisions, interpreting data from existing creatives and suggesting improvements to drive performance.
- Manage a junior editor, providing both creative guidance and the project management needed to deliver a high volume of quality assets quickly.
- Develop and manage multiple high-priority projects, meet deadlines and secure approvals from multiple department leaders.
- Ground the work in a deep understanding of our brand, maintaining brand standards across all videos.
- Maintain knowledge and stay current of content trends and best practices; keep current on the latest in video and branding trends
- Bachelor’s degree, Motion Picture/Video/Graphic Art preferred
- Native English speaker.
- 5+ years of experience as a video editor, project manager, production manager or similar position
- Experience using Mac OSX, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, AfterEffects and the Microsoft Office Suite
- Working knowledge of production elements including video, audio, lighting, content management, and recording technology.
- A proven record of success in producing and editing video content for a direct-to-consumer marketing team.
- Experience utilizing project workflow management software and tools
- Problem solver with strong organization and communication skills
- Ability to clearly communicate with individuals at different levels
- Willing to have a flexible schedule and long hours when necessary