|Department: Assets and Property Management Department||Employment Type: Full Time Contract|
|REF ID: #188|
- Manage all contracts in al Meera’s various departments in proposing contract conditions in a fair and efficient manner for the best outcome of the company.
- Manage and coordinate all the Contract Documents throughout the entire Development’s Life Cycle including Testing, commissioning and Defects Liability Period, while managing a contracts unit.
- Prepare and manage tender documents, contracts, budget cost estimate, bills of quantities and other documentation and Track changes to the design and / or construction work and adjust budget projections accordingly.
- Prepare and manage Work Order and Purchase Order for all procurements and assist contract administration as per discussion.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing a Contracts Unit, Contracts of all assigned projects and Highlighting Variations to Contract.
- To ensure the coherence between all the Contract Documents in each Construction Package or part of the development;
- Must be able to effectively manage internal and external influences to aid the contract team and the business area in meeting client's and business objectives by balancing the requirements of the contract(s) and the business;
- Interact with various levels of internal and external parties identified by management.
- Prepare and manage proposals including scope of works, conditions of contracts and other supplementary parts of the proposal;
- Review solicitation documentation (Terms and Conditions, proposal instructions, SOW, etc),
- Generating compliant competitive and sole source cost proposals through fact-finding, audit, and negotiations to meet stated business goals/objectives, Leadership in complex negotiations involving price, terms and conditions, Intellectual Property, warranty, scope changes, changing specifications;
- Organization and document fact-finding, negotiation, audit minutes and price negotiation memorandums; Reviewing contractual documents for accuracy and adherence to agreements, compliance with laws/regulations, submitted proposals and/or negotiated results, and institutionalizing contractual processes within the assigned business area
- Provide contractual leadership in performance of the contract and act as a focal point to bring together Project Management, Engineering, Mega, Finance and other departments including ICT for resolution of problems related to contract requirements;
- Exhibit strong presentation skills in briefings on topical issues to both internal and external interested parties;
- Reviewing and generating business development documents including NDAs, Teaming Agreements, and other business arrangements;
- Mentor/supervise junior contracts professionals.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering, or Construction Management; or Quantity Survey accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
- Any memberships with internationally recognized Chartered Institutes as such RICS, ARICS, and CIOB is required.
- Previous experience with Building Design Consultancy and Project Management Consultancy is required
- Continuous training through attending Seminars, workshops, papers writing and pursuance of any other relevant certification;
- A minimum of 15 years of direct Contract Management experience in building construction industry, with the last 5 years served in the capacity of a Contract Manager in building design and construction management company experience is required.
- The candidate must have extensive knowledge of FIDIC contracting procedures including but not limited to various contracting vehicles (Cost Reimbursement, Fixed Price, IDIQ, T&M, GSA etc.), FAR and DFAR, GMP.
- Thorough experience in Contracts, claim analysis, recommendations and variation settlement.
- Working knowledge of the GCC countries including the state of Qatar;
- Familiarity of Cost Accounting Standards, financing methods (progress payments, milestone payments, performance base payments etc, Intellectual Property Issues, change management/change proposals, and understanding of subcontracting to aid in flow-down of prime contract requirements;
- Moderate knowledge in Cost Management Techniques and Basic Knowledge in planning