Assistant Manager - GPS - Engagement Financial Advisor
Finance | GPS Finance
Hyderabad, Telangana, India
Share Assistant Manager - GPS - Engagement Financial Advisor with FacebookShare Assistant Manager - GPS - Engagement Financial Advisor with FacebookShare Assistant Manager - GPS - Engagement Financial Advisor with LinkedInShare Assistant Manager - GPS - Engagement Financial Advisor with LinkedInShare Assistant Manager - GPS - Engagement Financial Advisor with TwitterShare Assistant Manager - GPS - Engagement Financial Advisor with TwitterShare Assistant Manager - GPS - Engagement Financial Advisor with a friend via e-mailShare Assistant Manager - GPS - Engagement Financial Advisor with a friend via e-mail
Job Title: Assistant Manager - Government and Public Services Enabling Areas (GPS EA)
The Team: GPS EFA
The EFA team in Government & Public Services Enabling Areas, collaborate with members from various departments within our organization. You will learn about unique requirements related to reporting, billing, and financial management when providing professional services to the government. This position is also responsible for supporting the Manager in conducting key activities such as Month-End and Quarter-End close, managing financial reports, records and Account Reconciliations and Audits.
Work you’ll do
As an Assistant Manager within our team you will be responsible for the financial management of projects and, or an account throughout the engagement lifecycle along with managing a team. Below is a list of activities you would be involved in and oversee but not limited to:
· Report very complex financial information to project and account leadership and provide clear and concise analysis of the data.
· Demonstrate mastery understanding of the Engagement Financial Advisor – both individual engagements and account level support/Engagement review calls.
· Drive adoption of standard tools and procedures to ensure high quality deliverables and lead a culture of process improvement
· Develop and implement processes that align with account leadership's top objectives.
· Demonstrate mastery of revenue recognition & billings, Business Process and Procedure and facilitate training of more junior resources.
· Escalate issues identified where methodologies, processes and procedures are not properly followed and work to implement change to address those deficiencies.
· Leverage understanding of business needs and requirements to advocate for change required to better support the business while balancing compliance requirements.
· Validate and be accountable for the correct application of Revenue recognition methodologies in complex project situations.
· Advise LCSP and Partners on how to navigate revenue recognition, process and procedure, enabling them to deliver projects on time and within budget.
· Working with the Account Receivables (AR) sector teams to ensure alignment on billing priorities, DSO,etc.,
· Leverage Shared services team, identify work to be given and drive more adoption
· Responsible to manage staffing for growth and backfills oppportunties and drive communications proactively
· Become a role model for junior practitioners. Inspire others to act and drive positive behaviors.
· Seek new and challenging initiative experiences to positively impact our Practice and our people.
· Build eminence as a Deloitte expert and be recognized as a role model and senior member by client teams.
· Support and engage in reward and recognition of junior resources
· Seek, provide and act on constructive feedback.
· Provide development guidance to GPS EFA teams including technical, people, leadership and client management skills.
· Play a key role in recruiting and new hire onboarding efforts.
· Participate in formal performance assessment activities for assigned staff and work with Practice leadership to track/resolve performance issues.
· Be an effective coach by working with counselees to explore their strengths and find opportunities to leverage those strengths.
· Drive a "One Team" mindset between US and India EFA team members.
Qualification & Skills
Required / Preferred:
· Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, or another similar technical discipline
· 7+ years of experience in accounting, financial reporting and analysis (FP&A) preferably in a global organization
· Understands financial accounting (income statements, balance sheets, cash flows) and financial, and operational metrics/KPIs (key performance indicators) used by professional services firms.
· Demonstrate mastery of systems and tools available such as Costpoint, CP3, Workflow and Cognos. Facilitate learning process of junior resources.
· Leverage advanced proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint and MS Office to create efficiencies and standardization in engagement and account reporting
· Ability to handle multiple clients and multiple team members with confidence.
· Should have prior team management experience, leading at least 2-3 professionals in his / her current role.
· Should have prior experience in managing the performance process for the professionals,
· Strong communication skills with sense of urgency is must,
· Should be flexible to work / lead multiple projects / project teams in parallel.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collaboratively with teams.
· Ability to mentor junior resources allowing and advising their career progression.
· Provide ongoing coaching to direct reports relative to core work and professional skills.
· Support and engage in recognition of high performing individuals.
· Act as a role model for junior team members and inspire others to take positive actions.
· Drive initiatives working cross functionally to align with the vision of the larger team.
· Lead internal and firm initiatives.
· Participate in training engagements and share knowledge in a structural format advised.
Work Location: Hyderabad
Timings : 2 PM – 11PM
How you’ll grow
At Deloitte, we’ve invested a great deal to create a rich environment in which our professionals can grow. We want all our people to develop in their own way, playing to their own strengths as they hone their leadership skills. And, as a part of our efforts, we provide our professionals with a variety of learning and networking opportunities— including exposure to leaders, sponsors, coaches, and challenging assignments—to help accelerate their careers along the way. No two people learn in exactly the same way. So, we provide a range of resources including live classrooms, team-based learning, and eLearning. DU: The Leadership Center in India, our state-of-the-art, worldclass learning Center in the Hyderabad offices is an extension of the Deloitte University (DU) in Westlake, Texas, and represents a tangible symbol of our commitment to our people’s growth and development. Explore DU: The Leadership Center in India
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture that is inclusive, invites authenticity, leverages our diversity, and where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world.
Finding the right job and preparing for the recruitment process can be tricky. Check out tips from our Deloitte recruiting professionals to set yourself up for success. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte recruiters.
We believe that to be an undisputed leader in professional services, we should equip you with the resources that can make a positive impact on your well-being journey. Our vision is to create a leadership culture focused on the development and well-being of our people. Here are some of our benefits and programs to support you and your family’s well-being needs. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our people and culture
Our people and our culture make Deloitte a place where leaders thrive. Get an inside look at the rich diversity of background, education, and experiences of our people. What impact will you make? Be inspired by the stories of our people.
You want to make an impact. And we want you to make it. We can help you do that by providing you the culture, training, resources, and opportunities to help you grow and succeed as a professional. Learn more about our commitment to developing our people.
Deloitte refers to one or more of Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Limited, a UK private company limited by guarantee ("DTTL"), its network of member firms, and their related entities. DTTL and each of its member firms are legally separate and independent entities. DTTL (also referred to as "Deloitte Global") does not provide services to clients. In the United States, Deloitte refers to one or more of the US member firms of DTTL, their related entities that operate using the "Deloitte" name in the United States and their respective affiliates. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting. Please see www.deloitte.com/about to learn more about our global network of member firms.