Job Title: Volunteer Centre Senior Specialist
Organization Name: Volunteer Centre Senior Specialist
The Supreme Committee for Delivery & Legacy (SC) ensures that all preparations for the 2022 FIFA World Cup™ align with Qatar’s other development imperatives, as described in the Qatar National Vision 2030 and the National Development Strategy 2011-2016.
he Volunteer Recruitment Centre Senior Specialist will take an active part in the planning and operational delivery of the Volunteer Recruitment Centre for the Integrated FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 (Q22) Volunteer programme lead by Q22.
The Volunteer Recruitment Senior Specialist is an integrated member of the department with the objective to support the mission of the FWC Volunteers Program by supporting all elements of the Volunteer Recruitment Centre, including the operational planning, selection of volunteers during the interview process, training facilities and support and recreation area during the tournament.
The employee requires exceptional oral and written communication skills and strong customer facing skills as well as a good set of soft skills, like coordination and project management to ensure smooth operations of the Volunteer Recruitment Centre. Ideally, a ‘people person’ with great customer service skills and the ability to develop operational content and successfully manage large, complex recruitment operations.
Experience of planning and delivering high volume international recruitment campaigns, with an understanding of event volunteering, along with an ability to understand and manage event management systems will help the candidate to succeed in this role.
In addition, the role will require coordinating and training a group of volunteers to support the delivery of the recruitment operation.
• Support the design and implementation of the Volunteer Recruitment Centre to facilitate recruitment, training and volunteers engagement
• Coordinate and support the development and creation of all operational documentation and content associated with the Volunteer Recruitment Centre, such as selection exercises, training manuals, technical guides and frequently asked questions
• Train, coordinate and manage volunteers supporting the recruitment selection processes, ensuring operation delivered to the agreed service levels
• Work with Volunteer Management System to manage shifts and schedules for all ‘Pioneers’ and interview sessions as part of the selection process
• Develop procedures and flows for an effective operation of the Volunteer Centre
• Liaise with key Functional Areas to support the planning of all physical operation spaces, overlay, technology and other equipment associated with the Volunteer Centre
• Work with key service providers such as Catering, Logistics and IT to ensure services are planned and delivered
• Develop reporting tools and provide regular updates on Volunteer Recruitment selection processes and reporting strategy for Tournament time
• Coordinate operations of the Volunteer Centre, managing services and crowd flow
• Contribute to the volunteers training and volunteers on-boarding for the Volunteer Centre team
• Manage scheduling and shift support in the Volunteer Recruitment Centre
• Key contact point for Volunteers supporting the Volunteer Recruitment Centre
• Provide support to Volunteer Contact Centre, ensuring all guides and communications are correct
• Collaborate, support and motivate the team of paid staff and volunteers who will deliver Workforce Operations on site
• Support Incident Management Process at Volunteer Recruitment Centre
• Play a critical role in the Volunteer Recruitment Team and collaborate with the wider Workforce Team on a day-to-day, operational basis.
Support the delivery of Volunteer Centres for events prior to the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022, in particular: testing assumptions that can apply to the FWC2022
Education and certifications
• University degree in appropriate subject (or adequate training/vocational education)
• Master’s Degree an additional asset
Experience and skills
• 12+ years of experience in recruitment, including high volume selection (planning and operational delivery)
• Volunteer Management is an advantage
• Experience in major sport event is an advantage; project based experience is an advantage;
• Working experience in Qatar, experience of working in the region and knowledge of local culture is an advantage
• Fluency in English and Arabic
• Knowledge and experience of Contact Centre systems is a plus
• Knowledge and experience in using database management systems is a plus
• Strong IT skills including MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, MS Teams)
• Excellent communications skills; people management skills; ability to motivate others toward a common goal; proven record of efficient project management, clear orientation on result
• Excellent analytical skills, critical thinking
• Ability to understand the big picture and adapt accordingly; be agile and stress resistant
• Flexibility and ability to work autonomously
• Team player, willing to work on tight timelines and pitch in when needed
• Positive attitude, patience and persistence