Kochi Metro Careers: Kochi Metro is a rapid transit system serving the city of Kochi in Kerala, India. It was opened to the public within four years of starting construction, making it the fastest completed metro project in India until the Lucknow Metro overtook it.The Kochi metro project is the first metro in the country which connects rail, road and water transport facilities.The first phase is being set up at an estimated cost of ₹51.81 billion (US$730 million).
Organization: Kochi Metro
Last Date: 15/6/2021
Name of the Post : DIRECTOR (PROJECTS)
Pay Scale of the Post : Rs.180000 - 340000 (IDA) and other allowances/perks/privilege.
Duration of Appointment : The appointment will be on a contract basifor a period of 5 years, or up to the date of superannuation, whichever is earlier.
Job description and responsibilities
The incumbent shall be a member of the Board of Directors of KMRL and will report to the Managing Director of the Company.
He/she will be responsible for all consultancy services, construction activities, planning, scheduling, monitoring and controlling of preliminary and final designs, tendering, contract administration, supervision of construction and commissioning etc. He/she will also be responsible for project monitoring, interface management, quality assurance and safety, cost control, land acquisition, rehabilitation of project affected persons/ business, utility and traffic diversions etc. required for construction works. He/she shall also be responsible for planning the extension of the metro system
The applicant should have a degree in Civil Engineering from an institution of repute
(1) A proven track record of twenty five (25) years of Group “A”/ Executive Services in Railway Construction, Construction in Metro , Construction of large infrastructure projects related to Railway/Metro.
(2) Should have a minimum of five (5) years experience in planning, design & architecture and construction of large scale multi-disciplinary Railway projects, preferably in urban situations such as Metro/MRTS including experience in land acquisition and rehabilitation and resettlement of project affected persons.
(3) Should have extensive experience in preparation of bid documents, bidding process and its finalization/ contract management and project management of important engineering structures such as bridges and tunnels.
(4) Should have experience and knowledge of coordinating and interfacing with Railway or Metro related disciplines such as track laying works, signaling, communication, electrification and rolling stock etc.
(5) Should be well versed with safety norms and NB/IR codes.
(1) Experience in National/ International Metro projects.
(2) Experience in viaduct construction.
(3) Experience and knowledge of complying with project related requirements of international funding institutions.
(4) Experience in dealing with environment management plan, litigation, dispute settlement etc.
How to apply
The last date of receipt of complete application in hard copy in KMRL shall be 15.06.2021. In case
of soft copies, the applications received on the designated email id (email@example.com) till
15.06.2021(11.59 PM) shall be considered. No application shall be entertained under any
circumstances after the stipulated date. Incomplete applications, applications not in format,
applications received after the stipulated date, shall be REJECTED. KMRL reserves the right to
shortlist the applicants for interview. The decision of the selection committee shall be final.
The candidates shortlisted for the interview will be advised through email and shall be eligible for
reimbursement of to and fro, economy class air fare, or, AC 2 tier railway fare.
Applications should be addressed to the:
Sr. Deputy General Manager (HR & Training).
Kochi Metro Rail Ltd.,
JLN Metro Station, 4
th Floor, Kaloor, Ernakulam