The Pump Assembler is responsible for all processes related to disassembly and assembly of high energy pumps and equipment at Flowserve’s Quick Response Center (QRC). Ensures all forms and documentation are completed prior to releasing the pump to Final Inspection. This position reports to the lead hand Assembly Area and Manufacturing Manager, located at our Flowserve Al-Rushaid Joint Venture, Saudi Arabia
• Dismantle, Clean, Inspect, Assemble Pumps and Equipment following all Safety Requirements.
Ensures all forms and documentation are completed prior to releasing the pump to Final Inspection.
Responsibilities & Requirements: Principal Accountabilities:
• Read and follow accurately all routers, instructions, checklists and engineering drawings during all processes
• Use torches and liquid nitrogen when appropriate for the disassembly process
• Inspect pumps and equipment, checking dimensions of all critical components
• Ensure components are clean and free from foreign material
• Complete accurate, thorough inspection documentation, including photos and written descriptions of the wear and condition of components. Submit documentation for quotation.
• Explain and discuss as needed the condition of all critical components of the pump or equipment
• Coordinate effectively in a small team environment, sharing information and resolving problems with supervisors, sales engineers, machinists, buyers, and planners.
• After assembly, run balance machine to properly balance impellers and shaft
• Self-verify workmanship. Inspect all components for critical fits and run-outs.
• Complete accurate, thorough assembly documentation, including inspection records, photos, and customer-specific forms.
• Paint, tag, and prep the pump for shipment to the customer.
• Exhibit behavior that contributes toward an environment that encourages teambuilding, decision- making, problem solving, and continuous improvements.
Preferred Experience / Skills: Experience and Education level
High School Degree Or Equivalent
5 Years’ Experience in a Similar Environment.
Key skills & competencies
• 5+ years of experience in after-market repair and service of mechanical equipment, with specific experience in rotating pumps highly desired
• Minimum high school diploma or equivalent is required.
• Must be able to read and interpret blueprints and drawings
• Forklift certification desirable
• Must speak and communicate ideas clearly, read with good comprehension, and write good paragraphs describing equipment
• Show an attention to detail, and a respect for processes and instructions
• Must show a customer-service, results-oriented mindset always
• Standing for long times required, frequent lifting with occasional lifting up to 50 pounds
• Must be able to work overtime and weekends as required on short notice