ADVOC is a dynamic company. Most of our employees are enthusiastic and well-trained professionals, supervised by a responsible management with years of experience in all trades of the business. Would you like to be part of this ADVOC growing community? Then join in our dynamic workforce. ADVOC has meantime built up an excellent range of its own brands and has secured the right to pack a number of products for major retailers and brand owners in the region.
QFS CHEMIST- REFINERY AND QUALITY CONTROL
Sector/ Department: Production and Plant.
Reporting to: The Plant Manager.
Core Functions and Responsibilities:
Perform routine food safety and quality checks of Edible oils Like FFA, PV Color, MIV, SV, USM, IV etc.
Specialty Fats analysis and packaging materials analysis Like labels and Corrugated Box.
Assure that product meets or exceeds standards set forth by the company, GSO Standards.
Manage the Hold and Release program for out of specification products, including the creation of Non-Conformance Reports.
Follow, demonstrate, enforce, and participate in training of employees in all Quality and Food Safety programs, including awareness of GMPs, Pest Control, HACCP, SSOPs, Trace/Recall, Allergen, Good Laboratory Practices, and the Food Security program.
Monitor production operations to include, but not limited to:
Finished product analysis.
Correct packaging materials.
Correct Code dates and/or Use by Dates.
Sanitary conditions within the facility.
Provide accurate reports to departments and customers in a timely manner.
Maintain a clean, orderly, and safe workplace following all company safety procedures.
Other duties deemed necessary by Supervisor/Manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Gas Liquid Chromatography.
- TD- NMR for SFC Evaluation (BRUKER).
- Knowledge of MS Office and Outlook.
- Good Communicating skills.
- Sample Time Management Understandings.
- Good practice in Accurate Standardization of Lab solutions
- Educational & Experience Requirements:
- Technical degree or Master’s in Food Technology or Chemistry preferred
- Minimum 5 years laboratory experience in Edible Oil and Fats industries.
- Knowledge in laboratory instruments
- Must have good communication skills.
- Good computer skills.