|Department: Facilities / New Projects / Maintenance / Leasing||Employment Type: Full Time Contract|
|REF ID: #187|
- To provide skilled journey level work and supervision in the installation, replacement, adjustment, repair and planned maintenance necessary to maintain reliable and functionally efficient operations of air conditioning and refrigeration systems.
- Provides advice and guidance on air conditioning and refrigeration issues, supervision of the continuous evaluation and repair of refrigeration equipment as well as to the installation, replacement, inspection, adjustment, repair and routine cleaning to refrigeration and air conditioning and controlled environmental systems
- Retains familiarity and knowledge of various valves, pumps, air controls and handling units, coils, compressors, condensers, pipes, pneumatic and electrical controls, pressure gauges.
- Must be familiar with the design, construction, and installation of refrigeration equipment as well as blueprints, schematic diagrams.
- Provides training and guidance to the work crews to improve competence and work performance.
- Responsible for planning, scheduling, and supervising the work of air conditioning and refrigeration, technicians, work crews and for carrying out skilled tasks in accordance with best practices.
- Ability to interpret work from blue prints, sketches, control schematics, wiring diagrams and sequence of operation interpretations.
- Secondary school graduation and completion of an approved course or apprentice program in air conditioning & refrigeration.
- Performs skilled AC controls maintenance work in the repair, installation and alteration of controls for refrigeration, air conditioning.