|Department: Facilities / New Projects / Maintenance / Leasing||Employment Type: Full Time Contract|
|REF ID: #183|
- Fabricated, alters, and maintain walls, sidewalks, street curbs, floor sink counters, bathroom showers, partition, manholes and other related structure or surface.
Determine work requirements and sequences of masonry/tiles assignment through review of work orders, plans or drawing. Lays Blocks or bricks following the blueprint, plans and drawings.
- Layout using chalk lines, plumb bobs, tapes, square and level.
- Mixes cement using hoes, cement-mixing equipment and hand tools.
- Cuts or break bricks and concrete hammers powered abrasive saws, paving breakers, drills and hand tools. Moulds expansion joints using edge tools, jointers and straightedge.
Estimate material and labours.
- Completion of three year federally approved technical training program in masonry or brick laying. Any equivalent combination of experience and or education which is comparable knowledge, skill, abilities have been achieved.
- Three years of bricklaying experience
- Knowledge of related tools, masonry technique, equipment’s and materials.
- Skill in the construction, alteration, repair and maintenance of masonry structure and surface.